View Single Post
Old 2008-02-13, 07:57   Link #5
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

HashiriyaR32 - Yes, I wasn't going to ask for the technical stuff until we were a good portion through the text.

tripperazn - I put information in the wiki up for how to hook the text. If you want, I can just hook a big chunk of text for you to translate, but probably the best way to help translate (if you decide you want to... it's not too complicated of text) is to have a copy and hook the text yourself while listening to the dialog. I find that helps immensely in understanding the lines, based on tone etc.

As for how long the game is... I'm not great with the technical stuff, and someone who is told me that while they can decrypt the data files, there's a ton of junk in there and it would take someone halfway decent at scripting to make sense of it. I did a low tech solution... holding down control and timing it on my watch . It's not very accurate, since a single background change takes about as long as most of the text from a scene, but its good enough for our purposes.

By my estimation, I'm 15% of the way through the prologue. Don't let that depress you, as the prologue is the half way point for all the stories (it ends with the school sports festival). That being said, there's a bunch of quick scenes during the sports festival (depending on who you click to be with) as well as the three heroine's storylines. I don't know how much overlap there is between their stories, not much from what I could see. Each of the heroine's storylines is roughly as long as the prologue itself. Considering that I have 4000 words of japanese translated (with only about a day's work)... I'm going to throw out a number of 120,000 words in japanese, not counting the omake scenes. No idea how accurate that is, but its a guess.

boggart
- I can get the text out just fine. Getting it back in... I have no idea, but I'm sure someone will figure it out. The translation won't be finished for a while anyhow, unless more translators jump on board.

Thanks for the reference, btw. I was hoping someone would get me to a community like that, since I know this isn't exactly the best place (not the worst either though, since I got some valuable replies )

Edit: I was wrong... someone told me that 2 of the character's ends weren't finished, but that's not true. So move the estimate back even further... more like 200,000 words. Not that it matters, I knew I would need help to tackle it anyway.

Last edited by Tremalkinger; 2008-02-15 at 01:03.
Tremalkinger is offline   Reply With Quote