View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 20:46   Link #59
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
I feel like one-sided romantic scenes involving Ohana being incredibly dense would be a boatloads of fun. Dense characters in comedy/drama shows outside of obvious harem setups are good, IMO, especially when they're already as likable as Ohana.

On the whole, though, I like the love triangle because it's better than the alternative. I'm not in the least bit excited about the potential long-distance-realization-of-love-for-Ko-chan plotline or the potential Ko-chan-comes-to-steal-back-Ohana plotline.

If the strain between Ohana's old life and her new life was going to be a major theme (which is what an Ohana x Ko plotline would go towards), the show hasn't been exploring that enough so far, and we'd have to change directions to make anything like that happen. For starters, we have pretty much no characterization for Ko-chan. Instead, the show's been focusing 95% on Ohana's new relationships, and the love triangle would be a continuation in that direction, even if all love ends up unrequited.

If they change directions and pull it off well, I'd be completely fine with that, but it seems like it would be harder to actually pull off well. Then again, they have something like 20 more episodes to work with, so....
I don't think this is has to do with the contrast between Ohana's old life in Tokyo and her new life working at Kissuiso.

I think Ohana's experience at Kissuiso is helping her reevaluate her life in general, from the way she thinks about Ko to her personal view on her mother.