View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 11:45   Link #614
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I just can't buy FukuJun in juvenile roles any more - he sounds like a middle-aged man doing a voice while telling a joke at a party. I really don't like seeing the same group of actors recycled over and over even when they're clearly no longer suited to play these sorts of roles. I love FukuJun - anyone who can do what he's been doing in Shirokuma Café and Natsuyuki Rendezvous at the same time is a helluva actor - but enough with the kiddie roles.
As Yuuta, he doesn't really sound that different from Takaaki from ToHeart 2 or Itsuki from Rental Magica. At least, if I remember correctly he doesn't. Maybe you've just become used to hearing him in different roles?

Well, I'm not willing to rewatch Rental Magica to compare . Maybe I'll check out the TH2 OVAs. I personally don't think he sounds out of place.

Edit: If I think about it, I guess I can see why you would think that. Maybe I've just gotten used to hearing him in these types of roles instead, or maybe I got used to hearing older voices with younger characters. I personally think Nakamura is more of a mismatch for younger characters, but I feel as if the round artstyle here makes the dissonance more obvious than in shows like Hyouka or Haruhi, where even though they're all first-years, their artstyles suggest that they're older or mature.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote