View Single Post
Old 2013-07-06, 11:20   Link #288
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
He already has his harem, it was confirmed once he acknowledged that the girls are all in love with him in vol. 10. He even accepted Koneko's marriage proposal. What Lucifer said was along the lines of "The era of one strong leader is over, it's now about groups of powerful people working together." What I think will happen is Sirzechs will fall and that will mark the beginning of a new era with new rookies taking the reins from the old generations.

The author stated that the story is reaching it's climax and after this arc we'll maybe get 1 or 2 more before it ends, the author wants to end it because he originally wanted Issei to begin unlocking [Crimson Cardinal Full Drive] when he had sex with Rias and finally reach it during his fight with Sairorge but the editor basically said "No, that's too much" and made it so he unlocked it when he was fighting Sairorge instead. He probably wants it to end so he can focus on his other novel or maybe go ahead and begin College DxD. Personally I'm tired of the high school scene and would like a more mature, less echi and more serious, themed story.
Personally, I prefer to see that this series "advance" to the next level creating an evolution of the story, as you said "College DxD", but i dont want this series "end", i desire to continue seeing Issei and Rias as the principal characters in the story, how they grow in the DxD Universe, and how the story develops.

About the harem, i think that the Raynare curse is not 100% removed yet.

And about the "College DxD", i think that there is a clue in some words that Azazel said at the begining os the story:

Issei: “…So it’s a war?”
Azazel: “No, it’s still at the skirmish level. You could say both they and us are in a preparatory period. Don’t worry, something like war won’t occur until you people graduate from university, let alone this school’s high school division. Enjoy your school life fully. —However, it is the long-awaited preparatory period. So you’ll be doing various preparations, right?”