View Single Post
Old 2004-06-19, 06:21   Link #28
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
Zatôichi is a very recent film that has quite a few people I know raving about it and Takashi Miike's films are often popular.
Actually, there have been lots of Zatoichi remakes out there. Mostly the classics, I've seen one of 'em on the Independent Film Channel (IFC). I always wanted to see the Beat Takeshi version.

So far the best Beat Takeshi movie I've ever seen was Aniki (Brother). I've seen Koroshiya Ichi (Ichi The Killer) live action, but I haven't seen the anime version yet. Battle Royale I and II I've seen 'em, and I say you gotta' have lots of tolerance to see those movies.

I'm looking forward to see the original Japanese version of Casshern (w/c is based on the 1970's version of the anime series Robot Hunter Casshan) to be released on US DVD's. Damn, Hollywood's planning to make US versions of Casshern and The Jyuon from what I've read on AnimeNewsNetwork a long time ago.
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote