View Single Post
Old 2010-01-14, 08:11   Link #365
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That was what they wanted to do but she gave in. They were prepared to kill her from the start. You don't see any IVs, peg tubes or any other way to deliver liquids so it's prob a good assumption that she wasn't getting any. No marks on her body at all. Not even a bloody nose from NG tube placement. Besides she was dangerous so I doubt that they would allow tubing near her. It could be used to strangle them. They only thing that was shown that she got was oxygen support. By the time Hei got to her, she was in a coma and was considered just a "shell", Her body was being allowed to die imo.
I know they were originally planning to kill Yin, but they didn't. After that, there was no point in keeping her locked away if she was dead or they wanted her dead. Whether we see tubes or not, it doesn't change the fact that there wasn't any point in keeping her in that box at all if she was dead or they wanted her dead. And if it was just going to be a slow death, then there was even less point in locking her up. All they'd have to do is shoot her. Why spend the time and money with the box and the guard? Just kill her and be done with it. But they didn't. Which proves they later decided to keep her alive. As "Golgo 13" said, when Suou's attack back in episode 6 woke her up, they had hoped she would choose to seal herself away again, which means she was still alive in that box and has been since, until she left her body. And she only "died" when she left her body.
As I said, for all we know the box may have been a stasis chamber, for which there would be no need for tubes. And just because we didn't see any tubes in the box the one time we saw inside it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to sustain her life. They're using hover cars and flying cars in public; who knows what kind of medical technology they have. And as I said some time before, what's the point of the oxygen mask if they're just letting her die? She'd have died long ago if she wasn't getting sustenance, at which point the oxygen mask is completely pointless.
None of this makes any sense; if they're just going to let her die anyway, then there's no point in the box, sealing her up, or the oxygen mask that we do see. It's obvious the box was meant to keep her sealed up, but alive. As you said, they should have just killed her from the start, if they weren't trying to keep her alive. The fact that they didn't disproves the idea that they were letting her die.

And about the strangling with tubes part, I think you're reaching way far there. Where's the evidence that she'd use physical violence? Nobody has even said that she was actually murderous. The only thing we've seen is that she's killed a bunch of Contractors. Hei has done plenty of that, too. We didn't and don't know Yin's reasonings for what she did yet. For all we know she may have thought she was helping people by killing bad guy Contractors (all the Contractors we've seen her kill have been bad guys, after all), and wouldn't attack anybody else. Either way, there's no real indication that she'd turn into Jack the Ripper, break open her box, and violently kill people with tubes.