Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 21:33   Link #474
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What makes you think it's useful even with that?

I prefer standing (while at home) over sitting since my work involves a lot of sitting as-is. Yes touch screens have some utility, however quite frankly I'd rather have the OS be controlled with a wireless controller rather then a touch controller; a hell of a lot more benefits. It's much more interesting to be able to move around with out being stuck in one place. Touch doesn't really solve that; it's not like just because mobile and touch have become almost synonymous to each other, they are suddenly the same thing.

Regarding tablets, I don't think I can make it interface with my android tablet. It also seems like you need one of those huge ass things (yuk; those are for the bed-stricken-people), and unless I'm mistaken most tablet nerds are on apple-drugs. As for graphic tablets, those behave like any regular mouse, even when you use only your fingers on them.

Oh and about that picture. From my experience, that there looks like a really uncomfortable swing forward, height seems slightly off and the monitor should be facing upwards more. But hey the photo would probably not look as good. For what it's worth a proper setup typically would involve suspended monitors if possible (the ones where you can position the monitor around).

-

The only legitimate use for it as I see it is laptops; when you don't have the room or physical aid to plug a mouse in. Sounds plausible, but really how often does it happen these days? And for all the fuss, it's not that much better anyway...
Nothing. I never thought it changed how useful it was, I was just stating it was obviously designed with that in mind. But yeah, a mouse works fine.