View Single Post
Old 2009-08-08, 16:46   Link #1374
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The rights and wrongs of whether to ally with the EA was really obvious, so how could deciding to not ally be anything but be correct?
That was the point, the wrong but "stronger" argument won in that situation.

Quote:
That's sort of correct, but it wasn't Cagalli's motivation to lead that was questioned; it was her ability to do so. And rightly so, since she was woefully unready to lead; and the position she was in was terrible from the get-go: all of her natural allies had little interest in working honestly with her.
I Guess this one is based totally on perspective, I personally questioned her Motivation, because she gave in to Yuna and felt it was the only option and took the "easy" way out.

Quote:
Cagalli got to be the leader of Orb for much the same reason that Dubya got to be President - because Daddy used to be. Orb is an oligarchy, and it looks like the Atthas had been in power for a long time. So it would only make sense for the last Attha leader's only offspring to inherit his position. From a historical perspective, many leaders gained their postitions when they were young, and some of them managed to achieve greatness at a young age. It may not be all that common any more, but it's hardly unheard of.
I'm surprised that power would just be handed back to the Attha's just like that, With basically almost all the of the former rulers dead, i would expect an up and coming family to take control. And some unrest with another Attha "regime" with citizens that probably thought alot like Shinn.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote