Thread: Crunchyroll H2O ~footprints In The Sand~
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 05:14   Link #1410
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Quote:
The anime slowly lost its grip on reality and it was completely shattered by episode 10. But I give it props for providing some entertaining content in the meantime - and I did enjoy the show as a whole, even after it went off to never-never land.
Lost its grip on reality? I dont think it started with it, if u go back to ep.1 the prologue was talking about 'God', can that be considered 'real', it may for some but fairies and God dont aint exactly what you call 'reality'.

Quote:
Hayami died in episode 13 so I'm counting her among the top two candidates. Otoha died years ago, but had her moments in episode 8 and would have likely become Takuma's fiancee had she lived.

The show never makes clear what the "true" reality is, but maybe that's kinda the point. May Takuma and Hayami lead a happy life together, even if it's only in Takuma's imagination...
Even though Hayami 'died' on ep.12, it is only a assumption, there is NO evidence on her death is there? (no grave, none of the other characters specifically announced so, was the acknowledged by Takuma) the anime did not show any real evidence on her death, it was left for the viewers to think as they wish

Otoha / (cough HINATA cough) did pass away years ago, however what your saying about her is not with the story is it?
Quote:
would have likely become Takuma's fiancee had she lived
that is the point isnt it? that she did not lived but to be around in spirit to help her sister (it is her will with the story Hotaru wrote) and Takuma

lastly yes its true that this series did not make clear what is 'true' reality, (but what exactly is 'true' reality?) but it does clearly portray the STORY and what is and is not reality within the STORY, i think thats all anyone that watches this can ask for (personally i dont think it is up to the viewers to portray what is or is not, just go along with the flow seems to work fine unless in special circumstances)

ps i am only expressing my opinion regarding the posts above and do/did not wish to target specific members personally