View Single Post
Old 2006-06-19, 03:14   Link #87
einlancer
stick-figure-man

Thanks to DrgoonKain3 and Decel for the replies.. I was actually hoping that there was a lot more replies to my question before i put my reasons why I chose Haruka.

The reason why i asked that 'what if' is to see if the majority of the respondents would have the same as my perception of Takayuki's feeling at the time of the accident. Cause I interpretted and pretty much believed that Takayuki's feeling towards to Haruka is love and what he felt for Mitsuki is probably a mild crush or a feeling that of a bestfriend.

I have come to this conclusion because of pretty much how Takayuki reacted to the whole accident. That, to me, my friends, is not a feeling of guilt as many would have suggested but a feeling of great loss. And you only feel that way if you have a strong feelings of love and in some cases hate. Anyone who have lost a real loved one would have known this feeling. It is usually in these cases man is at his worst be it mentally or emotionally (which is pretty much what i would call rock bottom), and Takayuki is the embodiment of that. This is also the emotions displayed by Mitsuki in the latter episodes when she taught she is going to lose Taka to Haruka. If Taka did really felt only guilt and without an ounce of love, i would have doubt that his reaction would be that extreme. It's not like the parents of Haruka blamed him for the incident, in fact they have been the most understanding of all people in this series.

Now the reason I ask for the 'what if' is to see if you will respond that Taka will have the same breakdown as he did in the Haruka accident. For example, given that Taka and Haruka are still in a relationship (the same at that time) and instead of a taka/haruka date it should have would have been a Mitsuki group date bday celebration. What if suppose to be that Mitsuki/Taka/Haruka were to meet at the station at 3pm. Then Taka was suppose to pick Haruka at 2:30 pm because THEY are in a relationship (and lets say it would only take around 25 mins to go to the station). Now lets say Taka arrived at Haruka's house at 2:20 pm but Haruka's not ready yet because the Ribbon/scarf/ or jewelry that she wanted to wear was misplaced or nowhere to be found (to make it more interesting, lets say that the object missing is a gift from Taka a few days before and it is the first time that Haruka will be wearing it, much like the same as the Ring for mitsuki). Haruka just wanted Taka to see that she is so happy with the gift and how the gift will look on her.. Now let us say that they found the ribbon/scarf/ or necklace at 2:55 pm. They hurried and arrived at the station at 3:15 where they saw that a traffic accident happened where Mitsuki was involved. The accident was said to have happend at around 3:07 pm. The question now is , would Taka have the same mental/emotional breakdown in the same scenario? As for me, i think Takayuki would not have the same emotional breakdown. But then again that would be just me. i think the one that would be more affected would be Haruki. but somehow i think they would pull though with the help of each other, might have continued on to college while continuing to visit Mitsuki at the hospital.

I think the problem arose because of how Mitsuki approached the whole situation. I think if you take care for someone the same way as Mitsuki did, i think it would have more of a damaging effect than helping him. Also the way she takes care of him, there is no way they could avoid a growing feeling for each other. Maybe it was Mitsuki's plan all along. But she should have approached takuyaki in a more resolute manner. I think a slap or two to wake him into his senses instead of TLC that Mitsuki been giving him. The way things were, she is like giving Taka the justification for his moping. And if she really cared for the relationship of Taka and haruka, intead of getting naked and practically saying "forget about her, let's get it on" she should have slapped him silly and scolled him to high heavens saying things like, "Is this what you think Haruka want?" "Pull yourself together, for Haruka's sake? and things like that. Takayuki at that time was a pathetic b@s%^&d but i somehow feel Mitsuki took advantage of the situation without her knowing it herself. But that is just my personal opinion.

Last edited by einlancer; 2006-06-19 at 03:44.
einlancer is offline   Reply With Quote