View Single Post
Old 2006-07-31, 14:27   Link #100
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D

I've voted for Mitsuki
I'm male, I'm bisexual, and my teenage years are a while gone now.

Yeah - so my perspective is certainly not that of a teenager or an early twen.

What I would've found way more interesting than the gender of the respondent is the age of the respondent. Because I believe the older the viewer of this anime is the more he is able to empathize with Mitsukis and Takas situation, their feelings and their flaws - simply because of life experiance.
I think when you are young you have a clear picture of what LOVE has to be like, with strict regularias (see all these comments about Mitsuki betraying her best friend Haruka etc. - that's childish bullshit imo). But that's not what life is alike, isn't it?! There is NO black and white - and ironically I have to post this common quote/lore here: In war and love there aren't any rules.

So in general, I'm with you, Decel. Whether Taka loves Haruka or Mitsuki isn't the point for me. It's the wrong question. I clearly see that Taka loves both of them - for different reasons. But the most important is Mitsuki. You can argue with the fact that she was his (secretly) first love. But that's not so important I think. What's important: they had more time with each other with the possibility of maturing their relationship. And thats exactly my point of view here: from the beauty and sweet first love - they both learnd to really love each other. Taka realizes this luckily in the end (otherwise it would had make me want to beat him up badly... *lol*). And what the hell had Mitsuki done wrong? Mitsuki slowly begins to fear the possibility of loosing Takayuki - because of his insecurity facing his self-imposed responsibility. But who wants to blame him for that? What should Mitsuki have done? There aren't any simple answers to that one! Her personality; her flaws; covering her boiling emotions and let it then out in an explosive and self-destructive way - all this makes her a believible three-dimensional human character. And I love her for that! I could really identify with her - I could literally feel with her all the way through this emotional ride.

So I'm very pleased and satisfied with the outcome in the end
bluelotus is offline   Reply With Quote