Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 21:22   Link #889
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
Then that means it's just another romance for the sake of romance. There are far too many of those icky things around.

Look, I'm not expetcing Dante & Beatrice, or even Benedict & (another) Beatrice. But like any element of fiction, romance has to be convincing and interesting, no matter what the genre. Something on the level of Hikaru & Misa would do, though I doubt romance on this series will be that interesting.
At least with how it's being setup 6 episodes in, I don't think they're going to make shipping the main highlight of the show. I think it's just gonna be present.

I honestly have no problem with that. There IS a middle ground between sweeping and melodramatic romance, and not having it entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
In other words, mostly secondary functions often reserved for women. Sad, but I wasn't expecting much on that front.
Uhhh, aside from the nurse, how do you figure?

Since when are the positions of intelligence officer

radar operator

and fighter pilot

often considered secondary roles reserved for women?

The US Military has gotten pretty progressive to allow men to serve in such feminine positions!

edit: And the trigger puller argument doesn't really work either. Going over the character profile page on the Yamato 2199 website...there are like ELEVEN guys whose official role on the ship doesn't involve shooting at anyone. Are they in secondary roles usually reserved for women?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote