View Single Post
Old 2004-04-07, 14:00   Link #8
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
If you don't mind some military brainwashing, America's Army. As much as I don't like to admit it, the government made a great shooter and it's free. But playing this game gives me the urge to join the army...
I just gave the America's Army game a try. It's pretty darn good actually. Though a 700mb download (be warned 56kers, though it says you can pick up cd's at your local recruiter!!!). However, I had a completely different reaction than you did, Muir. It definitely made me even more sure I'd never join up. Those medic lectures did it for me. Any job in which I have to bandage my coworker's dark-blood-oozing stumps is not the job for me. Pretty fun game otherwise, though the training can be a bit boring/frustrating at times. I still can't get expert level on marksmanship so I can go to the advanced school, or perform a proper PLF in the live jump. I will though.

Other complaint is, it doesn't support my TNT2, though it seems to run alright anyway if I lower the detail levels. Nice sound though in the game.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote