View Single Post
Old 2008-07-14, 12:11   Link #1285
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I can say the same thing. For all we know Kallen might leave Lelouch. You can't know what's it implies until we finish the season. Like with S1 we can look back on it's OP and see what meaning each scene had. I can't read the artist's mind - it might or might not have meant something.
See, this is where the difference comes up. I have not attempted to infer any meaning from that scene of the OP because I haven't foggiest what it amounts to. You are the one who said it means she'll betray Lelouch. I simply replied that, due to Nina's presence, the idea doesn't really hold much water. The only person we know that will likely switch sides is Anya, thats one out of four. That's not much of a basis for a theory.

I've humored several ideas concerning that part of the OP, and the only one that doesn't fall apart is that those are the characters that still exist on both sides of Lelouch.
Like so:
  1. Anya is trying to understand her old memories concerning one aspect of Lelouch, while fighting the Zero aspect.
  2. Gino is on the Ashford side and has a connection to Suzaku, while at the same time fighting the Zero aspect.
  3. Nina knows of Lelouch Lamperouge as a good friend, yet despises the Zero aspect.
  4. Kallen knows both sides of Lelouch, and is, through Nunally, learning more about the real Lelouch.
The only other people:
  1. Shirley is dead.
  2. C.C. already knows all aspects of Lelouch.
  3. Suzaku is on a hunt for Zero and is fixated on Lelouch being Zero. In other words, one sided.

Quote:
The only people to knew about his loss were Rolo, C.C. and Kallen. C.C. was too busy pretending not to care. Rolo saw it as a good opportunity to keep him to himself. Kallen went after him. It doesn't make her the only person to care though. C.C. didn't go after him for other reasons. Different people deal with things differently. She expected him to come back on his own. Kallen went after him. She happened to find him there taking refrain. Neither of them knew about his miserable condition at the time. Kallen originally goes to talk to him. If you call the fireworks scene a coincidence, this was just as much of a coincidence. Even more so, because she was lucky to find him in time, and lucky he was where she had gone.
Kallen is portrayed as the only person to care enough to do something. C.C. may have cared, but clearly not enough. There was no one holding her down or keeping her from helping Lelouch, she chose not to. They may not have known his exact situation (which I highly doubt with C.C. as she's shown the ability to know more than what she can see with her eyes) but only one of them acted. If all things are to be considered equal, then the one who cared more, did more.

That is not what I meant by coincidence. Especially not if we bother arguing causality.

Quote:
What plan did Rolo have? He didn't even come until Kallen left. So how could Kallen stop his plan. Any plan he had he put into motion after she left. It was nice of her to come but it doesn't show she cared more than C.C. They are both different people. C.C. spends half her life trying to hide her emotions. She cared enough to smile (she was quick enough to stop smiling, when she saw Kaguya watching). C.C. puts up a cold front. She thought Lelouch would come back on his own. It happened not to work in her favour.
What purpose did Rolo have in torturing Lelouch with Nunally's speech then? He was meticulous in his actions on the train and shortly after, that is what one does when they plan something. Kallen showing up before he manages to find Lelouch stops Lelouch from completely breaking from what Rolo had just done.

I'm sorry but facial expressions are trumped wholeheartedly by actual actions. As I said before, Kallen cared enough to do something. Therein it does show that she cared more than C.C. because if Kallen had, say, been like C.C. then Lelouch would have been lost to his past. Unless you're going to tell me that C.C. can see the future? So, as much as C.C. may 'care', she didn't care enough to do anything.

Quote:
If his friends had left for the trip it would have been over. Any other thing couldn't have happened to send him back in time. I don't see how anything else could have saved him. They didn't stay there because it was raining or something ruined their plans. They stayed there for Lelouch. It was no coincidence. That is what touched him. That they cared about the people more than the place.
As I said before, you're thinking of the wrong thing as being coincidence.

Quote:
The white snow line was quite significant. C.C. had (in the previous ep) talked about "snow being white because it forgot it's colour" (or some thing to that effect). Lelouch remembered it and brought it up. They are trying to form a triangle. It was also evident in R2 when C.C. interrupted Kallen and Lelou (when she fell on too of him). I think the "Tabasco line" was jealousy while you could think otherwise.
I've stated my point, if you will keep returning it with 'I think it will amount to XYZ' then I have no way to continue my argument. I am trying to show you what has been developed, you're telling me what could be developed. I don't give a damn and two cents about what could happen, I am focusing on what has happened and where the actual plot has, up till now, gone with it.

As for the Tabasco sauce line... I'll go right back and throw in the fact that her interruption was not on a 'I love you' line, but on a line that would have likely changed the entire mood of what Lelouch said. The way C.C. interrupted the moment leaves Kallen not knowing anything beyond that Lelouch asked her, and only her, to return with him to Ashford. Had C.C. not appeared, and Lelouch continued, Kallen would have likely been privy to Lelouch's plan which would have involved everyone not just her.

Quote:
There is no point in arguing anymore on this. I'll leave this to point of view now.
So be it.

Quote:
You can't tell if her wish is selfish until you know what the wish is. It might be as big as saving the world or something. More than choice it was lack of choice. She is putting the wish above everything. What makes it so important that he chooses to be unhappy in return?
I didn't say her wish was selfish, I said she was selfish and alone because of her wish. She's done selfish things to see the wish through, even if the wish turns out to be world peace, she's still forsaken people for the wish.

Quote:
She said she was sorry for neglecting them. It doesn't prove she left the cult. I doubt she handed her leadership to V.V. happily.
I could be mistaken, but neglecting something usually requires personal choice. One does not neglect to take care of an animal when they are incapacitated, one neglects to take care of said animal when they make a personal choice not to care for it.

She chose, for whatever reason, to turn her back on the Cult.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote