View Single Post
Old 2008-07-14, 15:13   Link #1286
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
See, this is where the difference comes up. I have not attempted to infer any meaning from that scene of the OP because I haven't foggiest what it amounts to. You are the one who said it means she'll betray Lelouch. I simply replied that, due to Nina's presence, the idea doesn't really hold much water. The only person we know that will likely switch sides is Anya, thats one out of four. That's not much of a basis for a theory.

I've humored several ideas concerning that part of the OP, and the only one that doesn't fall apart is that those are the characters that still exist on both sides of Lelouch.
Like so:
  1. Anya is trying to understand her old memories concerning one aspect of Lelouch, while fighting the Zero aspect.
  2. Gino is on the Ashford side and has a connection to Suzaku, while at the same time fighting the Zero aspect.
  3. Nina knows of Lelouch Lamperouge as a good friend, yet despises the Zero aspect.
  4. Kallen knows both sides of Lelouch, and is, through Nunally, learning more about the real Lelouch.
The only other people:
  1. Shirley is dead.
  2. C.C. already knows all aspects of Lelouch.
  3. Suzaku is on a hunt for Zero and is fixated on Lelouch being Zero. In other words, one sided.
But isn't it possible that Kallen might switch sides? I am just throwing it there as a possibility. It could mean any of the things you listed, but it could also mean she leaves. Suzaku might fill her brain with some nonsense. It could also mean nothing and was just put there because she is one of the characters.

Quote:
Kallen is portrayed as the only person to care enough to do something. C.C. may have cared, but clearly not enough. There was no one holding her down or keeping her from helping Lelouch, she chose not to. They may not have known his exact situation (which I highly doubt with C.C. as she's shown the ability to know more than what she can see with her eyes) but only one of them acted. If all things are to be considered equal, then the one who cared more, did more.

That is not what I meant by coincidence. Especially not if we bother arguing causality.

I'm sorry but facial expressions are trumped wholeheartedly by actual actions. As I said before, Kallen cared enough to do something. Therein it does show that she cared more than C.C. because if Kallen had, say, been like C.C. then Lelouch would have been lost to his past. Unless you're going to tell me that C.C. can see the future? So, as much as C.C. may 'care', she didn't care enough to do anything.

As I said before, you're thinking of the wrong thing as being coincidence.

People show their concern in different ways. If a child falls, one parent might go and pick them up, while another might leave them alone because they want them to pick them self up, and thus grow stronger. Neither of them are wrong. Neither cared less. And like I said before, she was surprised to find him with the drug. It was not some information they already had. She happened to find him there. And you don't know how much C.C. knew. Don't tell me she has remote viewing or some other power. We are talking about what we know.

Quote:
What purpose did Rolo have in torturing Lelouch with Nunally's speech then? He was meticulous in his actions on the train and shortly after, that is what one does when they plan something. Kallen showing up before he manages to find Lelouch stops Lelouch from completely breaking from what Rolo had just done.
When did he torture Lelouch with Nunanally's speech? He was following Lelouch, but that could be because he was worried about him. I think I am missing something here. Could you refresh my memory?

Edited after morbosfist's post: But he was still broken down after Kallen left. She only stopped him from taking the drug. She halted Rolo's plan temporarily, but after she left he was back to his old self.

Quote:
I've stated my point, if you will keep returning it with 'I think it will amount to XYZ' then I have no way to continue my argument. I am trying to show you what has been developed, you're telling me what could be developed. I don't give a damn and two cents about what could happen, I am focusing on what has happened and where the actual plot has, up till now, gone with it.
Nothing has been developed so far. But it doesn't make the dialogue any less important. I think it's important, and will play out later. I mean, her snow speech was delivered in the previous episode. He remembered it, and used his "snow line" at the right time. That means something. He didn't think she was babbling nonsense. She was also surprised to be introduced as his 'important comrade'. At least I think so... We'll see I guess...

Quote:
As for the Tabasco sauce line... I'll go right back and throw in the fact that her interruption was not on a 'I love you' line, but on a line that would have likely changed the entire mood of what Lelouch said. The way C.C. interrupted the moment leaves Kallen not knowing anything beyond that Lelouch asked her, and only her, to return with him to Ashford. Had C.C. not appeared, and Lelouch continued, Kallen would have likely been privy to Lelouch's plan which would have involved everyone not just her.
It wasn't interrupted on an 'I love you' line but it was on an 'I'. He might have wanted to reveal his plan. Or might have wanted to tell her how he wants to go back to all his friends, back to school. But they cut it at I. They wanted us to think it was something else (a love confession perhaps). I didn't fall for it, you didn't fall for it, but many did. After it had aired, lots of people were irritated by the fact that C.C. had interrupted them. Why interrupt it at I then? He could have started with is plan, and she could have stopped him then. What difference would it make? But I think it was done on purpose.

Quote:
I didn't say her wish was selfish, I said she was selfish and alone because of her wish. She's done selfish things to see the wish through, even if the wish turns out to be world peace, she's still forsaken people for the wish.
Same as Lelouch? So why does she have to be alone?

Quote:
I could be mistaken, but neglecting something usually requires personal choice. One does not neglect to take care of an animal when they are incapacitated, one neglects to take care of said animal when they make a personal choice not to care for it.

She chose, for whatever reason, to turn her back on the Cult.
Maybe she neglected them and V.V. was able to take over? So she regrets that she didn't see it coming? And they ended up under V.V. We still don't know what she meant by neglect. We don't know what she was talking about. She even said as a leader, unlike V.V. she barely had any power. Like Lelouch could say "he killed Shirley", because he blames himself for geassing her, and bringing her into all this. But he didn't actually kill her.

Last edited by Asleep; 2008-07-14 at 15:44.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote