View Single Post
Old 2008-07-15, 02:09   Link #1290
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
These most recent episodes put Kallen's connection to Lelouch on an entirely different level from any time in the past. She was ready to die to keep his secret, as such I do not see how one can go from: "I'm ready to die for you, Lelouch." to "I'm going to kill you, Lelouch." There is nothing Suzaku can say, especially now that he's trying to refrain her, that could possibly change her mind. If anything, it will make her hate Suzaku and Britannia all the more. Sure, she could leave Lelouch, but why would she? What would make her? Shirley's death? Even if Lelouch says "I killed Shirley." Red flags should fly up as to why he would ever do such a thing.

And again, the scene does not fit with Nina present as she's most definitely not going to betray Britannia.
He didn't refrain her yet. It ended there. He might be stopped by Nunnally or Kallen might start talking.

You don't know how she would react if Lelouch admitted to "killing Shirley". She ran away last time, when she found out Zero was Lelouch. It took her sometime to think it through and come back. In that time Lelouch had lost his memories. She is known to react impulsively. She can do the same again. She was already denying that Lelouch killed her. She could have thought 'maybe he had a reason' or 'I don't know the whole story'. But she refused to believe that Lelouch could ever do such a thing. In such a circumstance, it is very possible, if Lelouch goes "I killed Shirley", she might act without thinking again. Mind you, I am not saying she will not come back. But initially she could leave him.

Quote:
It is wrong when the second parent leaves that child to get up on its own in the middle of an intersection. Lelouch was not in some kindly position where your analogy would be applicable. He was at a crossroads where his life could go one of two ways, good or bad.

You trying to convince me that sitting on your ass and playfully tossing around a Zero mask is somehow comparable to going out and trying to find the person you're worried about. I'm sorry but common sense tells me that that does not make any sense at all.

(PS: Remote viewing, as you called it, was in C.C.'s defense. But if you want to drop it then fine, we can. Making her even less caring in that situation.)
But you are not looking at it from the second parent's point of view. They aren't leaving the child alone because they don't care. It's a different way of showing concern. It doesn't make it wrong. It might be wrong for you, but it's not really wrong.

You said C.C. might have already known how miserable Lelouch was and still chose to stay. That is why I brought up remote viewing. I was defending her. We have no knowledge of her possessing such a power. They didn't know how bad his condition was. Kallen only found out when she found him with refrain. At first, she had only gone to talk to him, but ended up finding him with refrain. She was pretty shocked herself.

If you heard what she was talking about while tossing the zero mask, you would see that she was trying to act professional and uncaring. She doesn't like to display her emotions. She is trying not to get attached to Lelouch. She doesn't want anything personal in her contractual relationship. She is completely different compared to Kallen. Of course she would act differently.

Quote:
No he wasn't. He was still depressed but in no way broken. That was Kallen's role to pick him back up. Once she left he started to run after her, Rolo stopped him. If you can tell me what broken people have the resolve to run after someone?
He tried to go after her, because he realised what he had done was contemptible. He had hurt a friend. It was instinct to go after her. But when Rolo arrived he went back to being depressed. Couldn't he have left Rolo and gone after her if he was a little better?

Quote:
Fine, until anything actually becomes of it my point stands that as of now it has only foreshadowed Kallen's jealousy. If it ever turns out to mean anything, then come back and laugh at me. If not, then just remember what I said.
Alright or you can laugh at me

Quote:
Either situation that you described, hell any situation that could occur since he was never going to say "I Love You" would have diminished the impact of the event because it shifts it away from just Kallen. She interrupted at the wrong moment if it was out of jealousy, because it leaves Kallen hanging as the only thing Lelouch listed and with no reason other than that he just wants her to come back. To her, who by that point was most definitely head over heals for him, that means quite a bit.

The reason it was stopped like that was for the audience, and for Kallen. She's left hanging and so is the audience.
True. They like teasing us. It was nothing but it was made to look like something.

Quote:
Not the same, because Lelouch never forsook his friends and most of all Nunally. C.C. forsook everyone.
Not in the first season. It was only for Nunally then. It doesn't seem like C.C. had any friends. Mao needed her, but she never made any friends. Now she seems to get along with the order as well. Remember she was happy when Lelouch decided to rescue Kallen. She might be changing along with Lelouch.

Quote:
As I said, neglect is something one must make an open choice or decision for it to happen. You cannot neglect something if you have no control over a situation. Neglect is personal choice.

It is Lelouch's fault that Shirley died, to some degree, and that is simply him over blowing the point. He is overly self-critical about it. But as it stands, I do not see him ever saying that. He didn't say it this episode, he blamed the cult, he has no reason to blame himself after that.
I said if he said something like that. If he does, it could be because he blames himself, not because he really killed her. In the same manner we don't know what C.C. meant by neglecting the cult. She might also have been overly self-critical. In that episode she also said V.V. is an actual leader, while she had just been a figurehead. I wonder how much power she really had.

I see we have been the only ones to have posted in this thread recently!
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote