View Single Post
Old 2009-06-24, 12:52   Link #170
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
...I really have no idea what you are talking about. I said that Whitebeard potentially keeps pirates like DoFlamingo at bay (by being the strongest and "owning"/controlling one of the main islands that allows pirates into the New World), and if Whitebeard should fall, there may be a surge in piracy similar to DoFlamingo (slavery, greed, and all around pure villainy) - hence the chaos I mentioned. Never once did I question the "innocence" of any pirate, nor did I bring up the concept of evil. And I never even came close to mentioning Roger.
I believe you were referring to those who had lost to Whitebeard as potential criminals like Doflamingo, even though you have forgotten to add that fighting and losing against Whitebeard should not be a matter of goodness or evil in a pirate. That is where the Roger example came, just because he fought against Whitebeard should not be used as a measure of how he was.

Secondly, what Doflamingo is doing is supported by the World Government. So, even though it may be considered as a crime from a normal point of view, it is not. Hence, that special case cannot be used on what the pirating may become if Whitebeard were to lose. If there is one Doflamingo, there are many more of the opposite as strong.

You are focusing on a single aspect ignoring all the other variables around. What happened many years ago on the mermen island may not need to happen in the future had Whitebeard fell from power. There is an ever growing Dragon and his revolutionary army, which may force the WG to change as well, making their sole focus on the bad pirates not the good ones. The times are changing. What happened in the past does not have recreate itself making people look for a pirate like Whitebeard to protect themselves.