Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-02, 17:43   Link #4822
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's not what Anh means I think. Your example is extreme. But as you can see, it happened in France that in a train station, policemen were chasing a young man who did something bad. Would you believe me if I say that some random people tried to block the policemen?

There is a growing feeling among people about "not trusting the policemen" here in France for example. Sure some do mistakes and given their job, when they do, it can take enormous proportion, but they are just humans, and not all of them are corrupted. And sometimes, people throw rocks at them for no reason that being policemen, or take the defense of thugs for no good reason.
That wouldn't give policemen the right to shoot the man to kill him. Capture him, yes. What I'm saying that if the person the cop shoots is innocent and his innocense can be proven, then the cop doesn't have a right to shoot to kill. If it's for self defense, then it can be allowed given the circumstances.

As for the people who tried blocking the policemen, it's their fault for not trusting the police and letting them do their job. But even then, that doesn't give them the right to shoot them because they're being an obstruction to justice. Such a thing can warrant an interrogation, but nothing more. What I'm saying is that because cops are allowed to carry guns doesn't mean they can use them as they wish.