View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 22:35   Link #2228
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Of course, this entire 'MBS being jerk' is bullshit.
Let me defend everyone else. The fault lies with either MBS, Shaft, or some of both parties. I would like to believe MBS gave Shaft the decision to air Madoka. By Shaft, I mean Shinbo, with some input from the other staff members.

However, Shinbo and Urobuchi are unafraid of controversy. Shinbo would air episode 11 if everyone in Madoka's hometown died of an earthquake, and vigorously defend his scriptwriter's script to the death. (Yamakan would join him.)

The one likely refusing to take risk is MBS. As an established Japanese television network, they have much more to lose from earthquake insensitivity outrage. Urobuchi's justification - "rough animation" - is becoming less and less likely as the coming weeks pass. (Then again, I never trust anything he says on Twitter.)

Madoka is the only anime of Winter 2010 to be placed on indefinite hiatus immediately following the earthquake. Episode 11 must have some very controversial scenes.

Of course, Shinbo may also be responsible for abstaining from airing Madoka. If he ran his own studio, then Shinbo would air Madoka immediately. However, as MBS is owned by someone else, Shinbo is being considerate of his employer.

I have yet to see Bakemonogatari, but it seems the first 12 episodes were aired on time. The remaining three were aired online, supposedly due to the 12 episode anime season. Unlike the Internet, a television network cannot wait for half a year... MBS will either air Madoka within the next month, or drop it altogether for an Internet release.

The last thing Shinbo wants is another Bakemonogatari scenario, so he should be the one pushing hardest for Madoka to be aired. However, all of his influence seems to be overruled by MBS, and the viewers will likely see Madoka as an ONA (original net animation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
1. Urobuchi said that he was tormenting himself, EDITED: "After finishing last episode script, I thought when I saw Heart-Catch precure's beautiful story-line, 'is my heart really that dirty, ". From his way of saying, bad ending is almost inevitable.
Sigh... what is this man saying! Comparing the greatness of his writing to, of all shows, Heartcatch Pretty Cure? Well, at least we know he is fully aware of the magical girl genre now.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote