View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 00:35   Link #403
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm not sure how much strength this franchise has left, I mean it's (last I checked) selling decently well but at the same time the people who were largely supporting and watching it were fans of the original... and a good number of them (if I go by the reactions I've seen across the webs) weren't all too happy with the piss some parts of EVOL took on Genesis and its characters. It was never that popular on its own though, I don't think. (I'm not going to really touch on terrible writing, characters, and just about everything wrong with this series that in any normal case would NOT lead to a sequel or movie, but the original (and its abysmal sales figures) managed to pull out two movies and a sequel purely on the popularity of its music.) To top it off, there's not really even a plot thread to carry over anymore, so the only things I can see are either: MF retelling (with a hopefully more congruent/different plot) or weird-post end sequel where a giant space flee from nowhere is introduced as an enemy.

If the comedy of biglobe is at all relevant (which it really isn't but someone had a vendetta against this show apparently), it didn't exactly do to well being fifth or some such on the worst show rankings.