View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 02:50   Link #31993
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Anyway, let's just say Meta-Battler decides "fuck everything, I'm hiding in Kuwadorian" and does so for every game he participates in. Doesn't that fundamentally change the end result of the game Beato made? So kakera aren't necessarily predetermined as long as there is a player.
Ange mentions in Dawn that the "magic" the two Beatrices do engraves their actions on the Fragment. One could imagine, then, that "a board with a player" is essentially "a story with an outcome determined by the input of a secondary contributor."

In other words, let's say the story is End, but Battler decides after solving the epitaph that he's going to bust Erika's skull in with a gold ingot and hide in Kuwadorian for the rest of the weekend. Whoever initially came up with the plot for End probably didn't anticipate this, but allows it.

Now we basically have two stories, End-Prime and End-Modified. One is the base, one is the version that's used as a gameboard. In theory, both are Fragments, independent of one another but extremely similar (in that, up to the moment where Battler and Erika find the gold, they're identical).
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote