View Single Post
Old 2013-04-02, 17:06   Link #771
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
About the only thing an H-game can claim (other than H-scenes) would be something that you can't pull off in mainstream games. EG they have to have a story that can really mess with your head in ways a PG-ratedgame can't. And not all of it need be erotic material, but it would need ot be directed at a mature audience.
I think some of the writers just aren't trying hard enough to make the 18+ elements actually mean something to the story so as to be indispensable to it. An older Leaf game like Tenshi no inai 12-gatsu is in this category because its story began with its characters ending up in sexual situations because they had little else to live for, and then discover how much further they have to fall when going down that path. I'm sure newer writers can come up with stuff like this that examines issues and themes pretty well.

Sometimes the adult elements aren't always the sexual ones, though. A recent up-and-comer in the H-game world, Innocent Grey, really likes to put its characters through bloody deaths and refuses to censor those elements, so its works have never received console ports. And yet I remember reading that its h-elements in several of its games are more or less tacked on and leave you with the feeling of "what, no buildup? Why bother then?"--yet they still keep putting those elements in.

I wonder where exactly the MuvLuv h-games fall on this scale.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote