View Single Post
Old 2007-07-25, 21:20   Link #43
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000 View Post
I'd actually prefer it to stay as an OVA.

The 50-minute format fits the series much better than having to split the stories up into several TV-size episodes, and the production quality is way higher than in the TV version.
Sure, the animation isn't exactly anything to write home about, but the art has been generally of much better quality(detail), and been very consistent throughout all episodes, something you can't really say about the TV-versions. At its best, the TV series gets pretty close - At its worst, it's pretty blargh and disappointing in comparsion. Just go and look & compare .

Still, I suppose a TV-version would mean we'd get slightly more content perhaps, even if the 5-episode OVA format gets pretty close to a season's worth of TV-material once you start cutting OP & EDs from the total running time.
I see what you mean about the consistency and general quality, but personally I've found the style of the OVAs a bit of a let down. For me, the subdued tones of the TV series give the series a really distinct feel of refinement and melancholy, and I have to say were part of what instantly drew me in. The OVAs are very bright and more 'cartoony', which I think has slightly detracted from the elegant feel of the series. I suspect that, regardless of whether the new series is broadcast on TV or released as OVAs, the animators will continue with the newer style, but I'd probably still prefer to see a TV version.
Sarah89 is offline   Reply With Quote