View Single Post
Old 2012-05-24, 23:30   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
That's easy - banking systems are now automatically traced for nothing else but tax purpose alone (yes the government hates you for evading taxes which is just as big of a crime as being a traitor ), I have a friend who works at the tax office programming these algorithms and they know so much as if you buy a car more expensive than you can afford so they would flag you to check your income. If a soldier with known salary suddenly receives a large amount of cash deposit or irregular deposits in forms of credit they will know.

You know why the Swiss banks is always such a big deal? Because the Swiss bank are the only handful of banks that aren't traced like the other banks in the world.
Unless Shanalua will bring all that money in cash to the hospital, she'll eventually have to deposit it in her account.
Quote:
Again, currency offers no protection in war time unlike rare minerals. Inflation would easily wipe out your savings, just look at the youtube video and the hyperinflation link FFS. Doesn't the idea of 1 trillion dollar bills tell you something about having cash and credit in the bank? The Vagan could have given her a billion Federation sanctioned bucks but the next day that billion won't buy you a loaf of bread, and it happened in real life during war ALL THE TIME.
Shanalua only has to pay the amount in her hospital bill.
Quote:
I've already said assuming she survives. Also if she has her assets in gold she don't have to worry about that risk at all. Gold is gold, all currency is traded to gold, it holds value regardless, which part of that don't you get?
That has nothing to do with Shanalua's current concern with her sister's treatment, unless she expected to wait until the Vagans won.
Quote:
Not sure if serious or not....
Very serious, but feel free to show me how the Vagans' attack can even be compared to what happened in some of the previous Gundam series.
Quote:
Again, when during peace times bank runs can happen just due to news of a country *maybe* going into recession, you are claiming that an all out declaration of WAR on public air wave followed by battleships morphing out of thin air and MS popping out from houses and committing mass murder and wiping out entire towns isn't going to cause public panic, okay......
Don't look at me, AGE is the one who hasn't shown people panicking outside of an actual battle zone. In fact, AGE hasn't shown us much of anything, and you're just basing things on what history tells you has happened instead of what the show has actually shown so far.

Of course, I'm very open to the idea that I have missed something in the show. If so, please do point it out to me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote