Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-02, 03:37   Link #2485
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
^
But AKB were successful idols before they were even made anime so.....

Anime ver.
No actual Kuumin, close up shots are cheap looking....so I'll stick to the real people ver.
sales are disappointingly at 18k first day probably because fans prefer to buy Gingham Checks and 1830m album than an anime single...psh....at least their weekly sales would be high for an anime song.
Tho it look like Japanese are broke in general. SMAP only got like 60k at first which is kinda low for them too.

Yeah that MV is a bit disappointing, the close up looks even worse than the low-end eroge games. All the cut in footages are recycled material and where are too many of them. Seriouly, I would happy with a "dance ver." with whole thing sticking to that space ruin, but oh well...

As for sell, 18K first day is a bit low, but still a pretty nice number, not just for anime song. As I said, nowadays in a typical singles release, 70K might be able to get you #1 spot on Oricon's weekly chart.

As for SMAP, that number is a actually consistent to their past 2 single. Considering that digital purchase keep growing that isn't too surprising and make what AKB is doing selling now all the more impressive considering most of their songs also ranks high in digital sales ranking as well.