View Single Post
Old 2012-05-22, 16:04   Link #66
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well I called her a grump because yes, she is pretty rough with Houtarou. Furthermore, if we are led to believe she really does like Satoshi and not him, it's not her simply being tsundere. Maybe he really did do something to spurn her for some reason, who knows at this point, but I just thought that right now this sort of interaction isn't terribly entertaining to me.

I called Eru a spaz because she keeps jumping around in a really excited fashion with "I am interested!" Which is why she's the driving force of the show of course, but again, I don't find her interactions terribly entertaining as this comes off to me as an inferior alteration to Haruhi, and to some degree Houtarou is also an inferior alteration to Kyon.

In a sense this really is similar to the dynamics of Haruhi, but to me that anime is funnier, and more interesting because of the scope its plot (sci-fi related stuff). These latest episodes helped to differentiate itself a bit from Haruhi, which is good, but it must continue to do so else it will always be in its shadow.

I still would have preferred that KyoAni make more Haruhi, but alas .
Actually yeah, those are some very good points. I may be in the minority here, but I find Ibara a more interesting character as opposed to Chitanda at the moment. To me it feels like the series played all of her cards early on, and now the only truly memorable thing about her is those damned glittery purple eyes.

Ibara and Houtarou on the other hand...I want to see what's going on between these two. Either way, next week's episode title is already pretty exciting, so I'm anticipating something great.