View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 22:17   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Well what do you expect when nearly all male leads in these types of anime are basically a pathetic attempt at self inserted fanfiction, meaning that the MC is meant to be the author or at least who the author wishes he was. I wouldn't mind that if they all weren't generic looking and just plain bland personality wise.
Isn't that a bit pretentious of you? Your assumption that the Author is merely living out some fantasy is frankly quite offensive, and to call their works 'fanfiction' is nothing short of insulting.

By your account, all story writers are sad sods that are merely living out fantasies am I right?

And judging by your statements, your measure of a character falls solely on his capability and methods of interacting with the opposite gender, and in a series which had a few more dimension in it's story, that's abit short-sighted of you isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
I'm not saying that per say, what I'm saying is it should be more about the title character than anyone else, other wise why name it that way? They might as well name it something like "Barron Von Tea Pots Fucking Ludicrous Adventure" and it would be just as valid. But I'm just being a bigot. I just don't see the point of having a title character take back seat while some dude swaggers about rejecting the obvious advances of hot woman while we could be seeing something more interesting. Apparently and jugging from watching the show alot of interesting stuff happened to certain characters while they where off screen. I'd rather see what they where up to instead of watching anther forced romance scene between generic MC number 122342 and miss second choice love interest for the bazillionzth time.
A title is whatever the author wants it to be, there's no law that dictates what a title should represent, there's no checklist to tick. The series is named 'Hidan no Aria' because it's about a girl named Aria; your assumption is that it has to be a story from Aria's pov, which doesn't have to be the case. And since it's not from Aria's pov, the Author is free to explore other characters with or without her.