View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 21:52   Link #5
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

The movie that definitely stands out, in my opinion, is The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. However, you need to have watched the two seasons of The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in order to understand something out of it. Still, if you are willing to venture in the world of Haruhi, the movie will become some sort of godlike product. The anime is a school-life/comedy/supernatural/psychological and contains a little romance: it's about a particular girl, named Haruhi, who is bored and would like to meet aliens, espers and time travellers; the unlucky guy who'll have to deal with her is a normal student, nicknamed Kyon (that will be the humorous narrator of this story); moreover, it looks like Haruhi is some sort of deity, and whatever she wishes, it becomes true, but she's unaware of this. Also, if she ever came to know of this, she could destroy the world and remake it on her own. The job of our protagonist, will be to keep Haruhi entertained, in order not to bore her and make her wish for a new world. This will be achieved with the help of 3 more characters, that are respectively a time traveller, an esper and an alien. It's more than this, i just tried to give out a little synopsis. The first 6 episodes of the first season will be more than enough to hook you up to this series.

The movie animation is really flawless, the framing is awesome, the music fits very well the whole atmosphere, from the beginning to the end, and the plot is twisted... After the first time i watched it, i fell in some kind of post anime depression, lol, because i thought i wouldn't have been able to find something awesome like that, and stopped for some time. I actually never found something better, but in my way i happened to watch some other series that could be put on the level of Haruhi series (Naturally i'm talking under my pov).

I can assure you that the movie is worth watching the 2 seasons (It lasts 2h and 40 mins).

EDIT
Oh ye, seconding Summer Wars (Awesome artwork and animation) and The girl who leapt through time

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-06-08 at 22:08.