View Single Post
Old 2009-11-11, 16:51   Link #21059
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencian View Post
I found this forum entirely by accident via this topic. Anyway, the entire reason I'm posting is to ask exactly what has been covered during the thousand and fifty three pages (I've read the first ten, trying to read more seems like a lot of effort). I'm not adverse to trying to read through them all but it's going to take a long time. So, I'm wondering what stage this entire project is at (and the final decisions about characters and things).

I think I'm right in guessing the first book has been rewritten, since I read it this evening. If it hasn't, I'm slightly confused...

Oh, and I think being female suits Kyon more. Certainly makes him look better.
Hi. Be welcome.

First of all, you should read the FAQ, it should give you a good idea of waht is going on.

About your question, there is 2 projects hosted in this thread: The Rewrite Project and the Crossroads Project (A.K.A. Tsuji Project).

The Rewrite Project is the main one, you can see the archive here (along with many fanfics). All the first book was rewriten and also Vol.2 prolgue and part of Vol.3 first chapter. It is on hiatus right now, as the official writer, Kaisos Erranon is working in the new project. If I am not mistake, someone else have declared his intent to continue. I don't know what happened to him, tough.

The Crossroads Project (archive here) is the active one right now. It is a Date Sim Doujin based on the idea of the two universes (the main one and the genderbend one) meeting. Most of the first week/demo was already writen, but there was still few images, sounds and musics. Anyway who can help in these matter is welcome (also writers for "fluff" and the girl routes).

About the characters, most regard the first months in story was pretty much decided. The changes, as I can remember from memory alone, includes (in relation to the canon counterpart): Kyonko beng more friendly to Itsuko, being less found to Haruki, seeing Mitsuuru as a kind week 'brother'(but not romance interest). Haruki is a bit more of a jerkass (tough it might be more of perception, as his is a guy now) and less of a tsundere. Mitsuuru is considerable more annoying when Haruki is not nearby, and tries to be more pro-active (emphasis in "try"). Yuuki is pretty much the same and Itsuko is not much different either.

Everything past Sighs is up to decision, tough, as we haven't reached on it yet. (the Project Crossroads is set in September, between Endless Eight and Sighs). Aebliss' Setsubun fanfic might give an idea. It is not "canon" however.

Beside taht, good luck reading all the thread, you will need. I am sure no one expect you to read everything. Most is just random chitchat, anyway.

I would recommend, for a almost complete understandment, you to read the first pages, stoping when you feel the topic has got boring/useless. Then read the posts linked on the FAQ and the discussion taht it follow (and precede). And read the discussion that follow the rewrites (even the ones tha aren't canon). The same for each flowchart/outline/scenes if the Crossroads Project.

Even then, you still don't read everything I just listed. As long you don't be arrogant and try to impose your decisions it is ok. Questions are fine, as long as they aren't answered in the FAQ. Questioning why some decisions were made can be troublesome. Some were decided after a massive amount of discussion and flamewar, no one want to have to pass through it again. If you really, really want to know, I suppose you could pm someone. I can not guarantee any one but me wil reply, tough (and I also haven't been there from the very begining, so I don't know everything, sadly).

Well, be welcome again. I hope see you posting soon. Just for curiosity, where did you have knonw about that thread?

PP:
Oh, I was ninjed while writing that overly long post. I hope it is still useful, tough.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote