View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 06:43   Link #92
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

That crystal ball causes so many plot holes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
But more seriously you're correct only up to a point : yes of course Danzou worked covertly but as I said it wasn't that much of a secret if Yamato knew about his method. If you remember none of the Kage trusted him and they saw him as the dark side of the ninja world which is telling when you think about what those guys have done themselves.
Well most of the Kage were mistrustful of all the others. There was plenty of finger-pointing going all around. And like you say, the ones doing most of it were the ones who had committed the most questionable acts in the past.

Quote:
As often my point isn't to say that within the story Sandaime is supposed to be seen as a weak and ineffectual leader, it's that if you look at things logically it must be the case and since it doesn't seem to be the author's intent then there is a problem. Hence why I think that Danzou and Sarutobi should have been the same character : A man who looked like this perfect loving grand father and genuinely so for his own people but who also was the ruthless cold blooded warlord who had done terrible evils for the "greater good" of his village.
That would've been very interesting. Generally, I also prefer characters who have moral ambiguity rather than just have everything in black & white. But given Sandaime's role, it's hard for me to imagine him like that. There's still some awkwardness in accepting that Itachi was really a "good guy", when he was shown being such a sadistic bastard to Sasuke in the past (though Kishi did his best to rationalize that). Doing the opposite with Sandaime and saying "oh, he wasn't really so good after all"... that would be kinda weird too. He was the guy who was really the first prime example of the Will of Fire.

I dunno. Just taking up the time... there's no chapter this week right? Golden week?

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2012-04-25 at 07:05.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote