View Single Post
Old 2011-08-24, 22:58   Link #345
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Well after messing around with my Elite over the weekend I've decided to make some major changes to the set up.

Primarily the LaRue LT-104 mount and Troy Ind. HK Style Buis are getting assholed in favour of a Accuracy International 18MOA mount - same as those used on my dream AWSMs - which will serve to both lower the scope's height over the barrel and give me a greater range of horizontal adjustment.

Secondly I've decided to get a proper bipod for it instead of the integral bipod as cool as it may be, it just isn't stable enough nor is it low enough to be used effectively at prone. So I've just joined the long waiting list for an Atlas BT10.

Another problem that arose there however is the Steyr doesn't have a picatinny rail on the underside of the forestock, it features a European UIT 3/8" accessory rail. I've gotten into contact with a local gunsmith to see if he can make a picatinny rail to the same dimensions as the original UIT rail and I'll replace it.

Also ordered a Harris BMR-S 6-9 bipod with podlok for the T-Bolt.

Things are getting tacticooooooooooool.
and post some pics so some of us will have EYEgasms....

btw gaiz... what mount is great for a magnifier? for some strange reason, my uncle shipped a holographic sight with a magnifier back home. the holo sight is simple to attach (weapon in question is an AR15 that looks like an M4) but what am I supposed to do with the magnifier?