View Single Post
Old 2007-05-07, 09:24   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Not yet seen the episode, but I've already heard that the Karaoke ED this time is "CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA".

It's gonna be some time before I get my hands on the ep, but oh wow, just seeing the song title brings back all the memories. I remember singing like crazy when I was a kid (sometime in the early to mid 1990s) everytime the song was played on TV.
I was always amused by how it was almost the only song they ever used for like the first couple saga's. I mean at least once an episode you'd here some instrumental remix of it for BGM. Ah Toei, you and your one awesome theme is all we need philosophy of the late 80's.

Lucky Star also has only a couple of background pieces that seem to cycle as well I've noticed after viewing 4 episodes, but then again they hardly need BGM anyway. It's so subtle too, which I like. It's almost incredible they haven't done a Seiyuu Vocal Song Montage yet other than the ending. That is in my opinion the best place to have them as they kind of intrude on the episode if you've ever tried to watch an episode of Gundam Seed where they are talking and T.M Revolution is singing at the same time. Get's incredibly confusing.

Thinking of Chala-Head-Chala, we never really got it in Canada. We didn't even get Cartoon Network's Rock The Dragon. We got some horrible mutated version of Rock The Dragon that was even more repetitive and just had the singer saying "Dragon Dragon Ball! Dragon Ball Z! Dragon Dragon Ball! Z!" over and over for like 45 seconds. You were pretty lucky I guess.