View Single Post
Old 2007-10-18, 15:42   Link #92
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Holy... this thread's not even a week old...

As for Alicia and Beth being stronger than Teresa base stat-wise...I believe that being groomed from day 1 to become the strongest evah might play a part in that. The two were brought to the Org to continue that one particular experiment and as we all know, it works like a charm.
Now, for Alicia to completely Awaken like she does, she would have had to go through partial Awakenings beforehand would she not? Jumping straight into controlling a fully Awakened one is pure suicide. If what we've seen of our Ghost 7, particularly our Fab 4, is true, then the Partial Awakenings would have pushed Alicia's power cap through the roof.

If one's power increased at say...10% of their base power to begin with, half a dozen Awakenings would really push the power pretty high. Teresa didn't even like using her Youki and she was that strong, for someone who was nearly as strong to go through partial Awakenings as a part of training.... ....

There's no real sense in arguing if the stats are 'right' or 'wrong' - they're pretty much official and coincidently, the best source we got for comparisions between the Claymores. As for the timeframes that they apply for, we don't really know that. Also, any and all special techniques/abilities are reflected by the stats pretty accurately. If one thinks that someone's technique or ability is stronger than what the stats suggest, it's probably one's own interpetation of what that ability/technique is and how strong it is on an overall scale. Don't use one instance or fight to accurately judge just how powerful something is like say Galatea's youki trick against Duff/Daph/whatever. Like the Awakened in Pieta, he showed just HOW strong that trick could be if Galatea was more powerful so in reality, Galatea's technique is really just a trick while the Awakened one's version could be and should be called an actual technique.

...as for Miria, you know she'd try to get us to work together Fenris. I can see her lecturing about putting all that energy into learning how to fight off youma...and like the poor saps (ie devoted followers) we are, we'd jump at the chance to train up to that. Trained by her, of course.

Helen: Ah, I found some leashes that might work! Here ya go Miria! ^_^

Miria: ...Helen...!! ><

Me: ... as much as I want to say something in defense of myself, I can not.