View Single Post
Old 2004-05-13, 00:16   Link #79
Y fa fret
I'm cold

ooo, the world is ending!

I'm very sad this has been liscenced, I want to watch more of it now, not later. And I don't want to pay for DVDs. I already have something that's leeching away all my money (university + warhammer 40K). And I don't watch TV.

But I just thought of something. If I get fansubbed anime that's liscenced, I'm doing something illegal (but I don't care about laws, laws are for idiots.) But I'm also doing something moraly wrong (now that I care about).

So how to make getting fansubbed liscenced anime not be moraly wrong? I know! I'l pay everyone I interact with to get my fansubs!

Let's see what's involved in the process:

-There's me and whatever machine I use to play the animes. The machine is mine and payed with my money, so no problems here, I can do what ever I want with it.

-There's how I get the anime, by the internet. How do I get the internet? From my not-so-friendly and very evil mega corporation ISP. But I fork over 60$ CAD a month for my internet, so I'm covered there too.

-There's Bit Torrent, but I'v already given Bram Cohen 10$, so he's probably happy. I also clik on any add banners that are on the tracker pages I use, that covers them.

-There's the fansubbers, who do it for their pleasure, and for the fans. So I figure I should give them a bit of cash, mostly to cover their internet witch I am using when I download from them. So I'l give them a canadian dollar for every 5 episode I download. That more then covers it for them. This would also cover the raw provider. Because after all, I'm not using that much bandwith, and I always seed AT LEAST twice as much as I download. Often more, witch saves them bandwitch. Thanks again, Bit torrent!

-There's the japanese TV station that plays the show and from witch the raws are pulled. I should send them a buck for every 10 episodes I watch. In this case it's aniplex right? Anyone know where I can send donations?

-There's the animation studio. They do a lot of hard, creative work. I'l give them one dollars for every episode of their's I watch. That's more per episode that they'd be getting if I bought DVDs too. So, where do I send my donations to Studio Bones?

-Finally, there's the original concept creator. I'l give him 0.70 $ for every episode, and that's a whole lot more then he'd get otherwise, since the industry is built in such a way that only people who fork out a lot of cash get a lot of cash. Creativity merrits almost no money as far as economics are concerned, witch is something I find rather sad.

So, once I get those addresses (witch will require me to find someone that reads japanese, but that's not too hard) I'l be able to watch all the liscenced anime fansubs I want, paying off everyone's hard work. No moral qualms, yay.