Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-08, 10:51   Link #290
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
I think it'll be like Hikaru no Go and Shion no Ou where 99% of viewers will have nary an idea of how the actual game is played, even after watching the final episode. And that is not important to enjoy the show because you can get a feel for the gameplay without it, though I can appreciate you guys debating this in a public forum so us Mahjongg virgins can have some understanding of the gameplay.
That pretty much summed it up for me...I didn't have a damn clue what was going on in Shion even after watching it all, but that didn't really stop me from enjoying it a great deal.

I guess theirs something to say for just enjoying the atmosphere of competition thats universal to all sports and games whether you have the slightest clue the rules or not. In that respect Saki did a good job in creating such an atmosphere...

One random note though...How friggin big are our Pink Haired girls breasts supposed to be? I usually don't take note of such things but that side shot of her early on just made her character look so painfully unbalanced and mis proportioned for a young girl....ouch.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote