View Single Post
Old 2011-10-17, 10:51   Link #1889
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I didn't like Shirley's death speech myself. But it wasn't about obsession, about Shirley's own self. What Shirley wanted to do was to tell Lelouch that he wasn't alone; that she'd be beside him; that it'd be alright. In the context of her death scene, she was talking about reincarnation, which she was actually correct about due to the world of C.

As for why Shirley actually tried/wanted to help Lelouch, though, it's surely an amazing love. If you can bother to find the time to defend Kallen or C.C., then you should try looking deeper into the show to find the meaning of Shirley's character. Otherwise, your proclamations of how "deep" the other two are are just simple and subjective opinions.

The reason Shirley decided to help Lelouch, just so you know, was not "I'm in love with him". Shirley's memories had been completely messed up, multiple times; it was not past feelings that made her act that way. What Shirley actually did was see through Lelouch's mask (his civilian one and his mask of zero) and understand that, since he had started to fight, Lelouch became all alone in the world. Shirley chased after Lelouch so he could understand "he is not alone anymore".

So when Shirley got shot, even then she tried to tell him "because I will be reincarnated, you won't be alone anymore". She tried to give Lelouch peace and trust and a fundamental happiness. What C.C. asked from Lelouch was death or her own happiness. While similarly Kallen asked for hope from Lelouch in return for her loyalty and respect. Shirley was the only character who did not need something from Lelouch, but wanted to give him hope, give him happiness. That is why her death was tragic: because after her death, any chance of Lelouch having an ending where he himself could be happy was practically gone.

Seriously, even if the Code Geass forum is pretty dead by now, you should understand that there was a pretty significant force of Shirley supporters here. And that's justified, because Shirley was a great and meaningful supporting character. Don't try to underplay her value in her own character thread, because to be honest, the shallow opinions of disrespectful Kallen and C.C. (or Rolo) fans have gotten boring too.
Now you contradicting your favorite character by yourself.

Shirley need Lelouch to be kind to her.
She thought by throwing herself to the battlefield, she could get that kind of love she needed.
Why she said that she will always love him ? To ensure she got a place in his heart.

This isn't really necessary, I guess.
FYI--- I've seen how Shirley-like girl ended up in real life during my trip with my relatives.
It's not a really good and beautiful experiences like how you imagined Shirley would ended up with Lelouch.

Kallen did asked Lelouch to be Zero.
But look at her action afterwards. She's trying to take the mask by herself.
Look at her reaction when Lelouch guided the submarine, she really didn't expecting Lelouch to return.
If she's that kind of girl who always clinging to him, she must be try to commit suicide already.

You surely twisted the fact ....
I've already met Kallen-like girl in real life also.
And that kind of girl really didn't matched your description of always looking for hopes as a return for her devotion.

Some message from my friend :

Spoiler for :
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote