View Single Post
Old 2012-04-22, 12:37   Link #28543
Xenon_gun

I would like to chime in again on this one.
Aside from the motive, the only other problem I have with the Shkanontrice theory is that while it works taking a multitude of reds that were shot out and is beautifully foreshadowed in normal text, it also trips itself up in semantics and subjectivity.

Here are some things that hint at "Something's odd!":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 1
In short, no kind of human or dead person on the island could have killed Kanon! Kanon did not commit suicide.
This is a difficult one for most theories.
Okay, let's say at the moment that Beatrice killed him. Beatrice is a witch, not a human, and she resides in his body...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 2
No one exists in this room except your group. 'Your group refers to Battler, George, Maria, Rosa, Genji, Gohda and Shannon. When Jessica's corpse was discovered, only Battler, George, Maria, Rosa, Genji, Gohda, Shannon, Kumasawa, and Nanjo were in Jessica's room. Jessica is also included. Therefore, both in the case of Jessica's room and the case of this servant room, no humans exist that you were not aware of. No one is hiding.
Obviously, the dormant personality doesn't have to be accounted for at all in the red. Also, it doesn't count as 'hiding'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 2
The only one who can claim Kanon's name is the person himself! A different person cannot claim his name!
Works perfectly with the personality rules in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 3
6 people: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, Gohda, and Kumasawa are dead! There is no one hiding in the six rooms! The six people died instantly!
The presumed scenario is that Yasu moves to the chapel while the adults are checking the other rooms, and transforms into Kanon. At first glance, there is no problem at all in this red.

However, if there is no one hiding in the six rooms, and these six are dead... then who is in Kanon's body? Does this mean that Beatrice can 'hide' in Kanon's body and avoid getting called out? Or is she Hiding in Plain Sight (with a +20 modifier at that)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 3
There are no more than 18 people on this island. No life forms other than humans have any connection to this game.
This is where the logic breaks. Beatrice is right to ask, "What am I?"
Really, what is she? Should she be treated as a human? If so, then the other reds are erroneus. Is she a witch? In that case, this red doesn't work.

To sum up my viewpoint, Shkanontrice would work perfectly as a who- and howdunnit, were there no or less red text.
Xenon_gun is offline   Reply With Quote