View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 07:21   Link #14
ImperialFlameGod8190

Smile Dakara, Hagure, Campione, Kono Hitori anime review Spoilers for non-viewers

After this week of the new season i bring interesting thoughts about 4 of the harems from this season. I cant play H, Kono Hitori, Campione, and Hagure Yuusha. Each of these harems take extremely interesting ideas and if u didnt know the stories you'd expect one thing but each has lost the point that made it interesting.
Disclaimer: info from the LN isnt really used so there are elements missing so i apologize for that but this is mainly an anime review with small LN usage.
1st is Campione. If u didnt read the LN or know the story based on only the previews its about a young man thrust into the world of a God Slayer by mere coincedence. After watching the first episode you see he becomes a campione and his job is to stop Heretic Gods from causing chaos. However after that the story takes a massive drop in effectiveness. Instead of a youth well ready for his role as God Slayer Godou quickly becomes mule to the plans of the sultry Erica Blandelli. Whose attitude about Godou took a total 180 after he gained his power. Instead of Gods all he gains is women who each have a painfully irritating quality. Mariya Yuri a Hime-Miko whose beauty is supressed by the fact she's so painfully pure she cant even tell what her feelings are and is made awkward from the fact her nagging is nothing more then jealousy towards somebody able to show her affection unlike her. Liliana Krancjar is next. While she's a rival of Erica's she is a polar opposite. For those who havent read the LN ignore this
Spoiler for Lilana Future moments:
. The worst part is he doesnt gain authorities and cant even use 1 properly i give it 3.5/5
2nd is dakara Boku or I cant play H.
This one is by far the biggest letdown of the entire summer series IMO. You get Ryousuke a normal boy visited by Lisara a lovely demon whose trying to find the legendary hero. This story would normally be extremely interesting but we run into 5 distinctive problems. 1st. Ryousuke's power is believed to come from his perverted nature which is surprising since the strongest trigger for the series seems to be affections towards a girl whose lacking in breasts which surprises everyone. The 2nd is Cule. Cule is shown to be a rival of lisara. Now at first Cule seems to want to defeat lisara and show her strength which i was okay with. But after her defeat she's taken that role off the table completely. Now she's merely a girl charmed by the oddities of our Main Hero and seems to have forgotten about lisara completely. 3rd is Iria. Now iria is shown to be another rival of lisaras but her role has lacked also. At first Iria was shown to be an idol in the human world who was revealed to be a shinigami much like Lisara. Other then her attempts to make Lisara angry and steal the special target she's brought nothing but another big breasted girl to the harem. Hopefully her role continues but so far nothing really interesting as happened. 4th is Miina. Miina is a complete shocker in this series as the childhood friend of Ryousuke's. So far miina's role has been a complete debby downer. While it is revealed only recently that she has confessed her feelings for Ryousuke she not only doesnt seem bothered by Lisara's affections for Ryousuke but Cule the girl who was originally using her has fallen for her also and has seemingly taken the last place role. Her only shining moment was getting kidnapped . The final distinct problem is the storyline itself. Okay so the fanservice and the harem route arent a big deal. But the whole special target thing is. First off Ryousuke gets power and is shown eventually to be somewhat interesting. But after the revalation that Ryousuke has both halves of a legendary sword that could save the underworld from disaster HOW DOES LISARA NOT REALIZE RYOUSUKE IS WHO SHE WAS LOOKING FOR.:frustrate d:
This gets a 3/5 but could easily jump if the last few episodes are done well.
Now Kono no Hitori. This was easily one of the worst harems i've ever seen but not because of the storyline which was interesting but because of what they've done with the episodes. Okay so Kid inherits massive company and must go to school to find his ultimate wife okay that might be interesting but here comes the twist. dun dun dunnnnn. His little sister whose identity is unknown also goes to the school and wants to marry him. . So now he doesnt know if the girls that fawn to him are after him cause of his money or cause he's her brother and she wants to marry him. Add in that two of them are admitted childhood friends 1 girl knows the answer but wont reveal it and cross-dressing guard who pretends he's a guy in school and is butt naked at home and im left going .
Kono hitori gets a 2/5
Finally hagure Yuusha.
This series is refreshing at best but controversial as well.
Ousawa akatsuki has come back from another world after slaying the demon king and goes to Babel Academy a place where many students who've also returned from other worlds goes. He quickly makes an enemy in the student council (specifically haruka and Kyouya) and an ally in Kaidou. But there's one other interesting element. Myuu the daughter of the demon king has come along and she's made friends with the lesbian Chikage and the class rep Kazuha. Now Ousawa was a rogue hero so his ethics are a bit in question.... scratch that he has none. From stealing underwear from girls around him to sleep groping Myuu its clear he has an interest in the ladies. That is the refreshing part. Most harem leads of the recent few years are pansy's including a few from this season namely godou of campione. But whats ironic about all of this is that his harem has actually grown the class rep Kazuha seems to have interest as well as the supposed lesbian Chikage. Even Haruka a student council member whose constantly the victim of his attacks has been charmed by him. Even myuu the girl who is suppose to be playing his sister (Nobody other then him knows the truth) seems to be gaining affections for our badboy despite his perverted nature.
Now to the controversial part. Its amazing with all the censorship on air that a character is allowed to do many of the things akatsuki does. Even myself who has little problem is surprised Japan would air a show on Television with this kind of activity. While it is borderline hentai with many of the things it does most people are furious that a character does what he does. While some are pleased that for once we have a character who can do incredible things and doesnt flinch at the sight of bare boobs. Hagure Yuusha is refreshing and disturbing at the same time 4.5/5
So there you have it tell me what you think and i hope to bring more interesting stuff soon. By the way can we get a social group for Hagure and dakara or at least a sub-forum for each since they have plenty to work with.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote