View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 14:41   Link #15
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappington View Post
I'm sick of two characters awkwardly tiptoeing around each other for 24 or 11 episodes before finally hooking up near the series finale.
Oh God, I totally have your back here, pal. That's also one of the things I hate the most in animes, and which is, sadly, far too common...
Quote:
What I'm looking for are anime that develop a pairing early, and proceed to develop a distinct sense of a romantic relationship. Some good examples of this would be Bakemonogatari and Kareshi Kanojo.
On this one, though, I'm a bit , because actually one of the reason I disliked Bakemonogatari was precisely how there was absolutely NOTHING when it came to emotions or chemistry. Senjogahara feels like a troll, not a girlfriend.
I also somehow disagree with Clannad : you're spot-on for the first season (it was actually rather embarassing to see them suddednly all awkward and idiotic), but the second season, they ARE a couple, living together and the like, so I don't really get your gripe.

Anyway, to answer your initial question :
Sword Art Online manage to actually have a real couple forming relatively early and in a believable way.
Ef is four love-stories which are pretty mature, natural and believable. And beautiful.
Crest/Banner of the Stars may or may not be to your liking. The heroes are never "strictly speaking" declaring their love for each other or kissing or the like. BUT they very clearly ARE in a relationship starting from the first season.

On a somehow different note, but somehow related :

Kamisama Dolls, Another and Chuunibyou tends to have "natural" romances (that is, a plot that doesn't have this horrible tendency of teasing you "this will happen" and then find a contrived and idiotic reason why the situation isn't resolved ; the romances progress rather logically and organically) but the resolution still tends to happen in the later part and there isn't a "couple life".

Last edited by Akka; 2013-02-03 at 15:07.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote