View Single Post
Old 2013-02-27, 05:41   Link #447
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
There COULD be a way for another Burst Linker to take on the role of a [Drone], though.

Like I said, having your own [Shop] might be a possible reward for defeating a boss. This could allow you to gain Burst Points directly from other Linkers who buy things from you.

The [Shop] would also allow you to Accelerate into the Unlimited Neutral Field for free (or at discount), so long as you don't leave the shop. That way, you can afford to BE THERE to sell stuff.

Fighting would be impossible inside the shop, too, so you can post "hours" and arrive expecting customers rather than assailants.

Now, coming up with products to sell... That might be a different story.

Maybe the shop is owned by a Burst Linker powerful enough to solo strong Enemies (as the Kings could do even before Level 9) and he or she has amassed a collection of Enhanced Armaments that he or she doesn't need or want?
I was reconfiguring my story to have the Great Golden Brigade massing special EGs by world boss killing, but also having a squad of dedicated PVPers to fend off people trying to KS them or just grief them. So this would be in congruency.

How about this: Someone's Enhanced Gear is about crafting, and she built her gameplay around it. This would mean her trauma makes her want to craft stuff...

...maybe she doesn't have hands IRL?

Level 5 special: Fieldcraft - Combat fabrication - Probably making improvised explosive devices, turrets and mortars.

Level 7 special: Predator drones?

And her Level 9 special: Unlimited Gun Works.

*RUUUUUNZ*