View Single Post
Old 2007-03-13, 17:37   Link #43
Knightmare213

In this forum, someone said that the only thing that separates us from the monkeys is language. However, while I could spend my free time trying to argue with him, I want to agree with WanderingKnight. That's what separates us from most of the animals in the world: ability to think rationally.

While some, like Fome, believe that humans are nothing and the dolphins and other animals are worthless. Fome isn't alone in that philosophical thinking. A philosopher (whose name I can't recall) believed that animals were no different than an alarm clock. If it screamed in pain, it would merely be an artificial way to express itself as an artificial being. The philosopher in question believed that humans were the only ones who were not artificial, that we were the only ones that were real. However, his thinking can be questioned very easily: how do know if the animals are artificial if our experiences are limited as a human being?

Also, saying that humans are not afraid of any animals...that's very questionable. As some may think that humans are top of the food chain...sorry to disappoint, but we ain't. Our skin is not made out of metal or any equally stronger material. It's flesh. And do you have any idea how many animals in the wild can kill us? If we aren't afraid of sharks, why are we diving in a cage? If we are not afraid of tigers, why are we not approaching them and trying to pet them? If we are not afraid of a viper, why the hell aren't all of us have them a large cage within our homes and running freely around the house like a pet puppy? Just merely saying that we are not afraid of anything is just...premature.

I'm not saying this to insult you, Fome, or anyone else. But if I had, then I'm sorry. Every single life on Earth has one thing in common: death. Humans either die in two major ways: die naturally or die unnaturally. Some people can go and live more than a century before they wake up dead. Some people can die instantly or slowly due to either a cancer or a slow and gruesome murder. Incidentally, it's same for the animals as well. They can go as long as they can before they can't no more. They can also die because of either we killed them. They can they because they were eaten a predator, and animals and humans can die in a way that I can't remotely even imagine.

Also, anyone else find out why the dolphins bleed like that? When the Faroe Islanders kill the beached dolphins, they slice a point behind their 'breathing hole.' When they do that, they slice the dolphins' spine and the main artery. That's why they bleed so much. And when a picture of blood-mixed sea with dead dolphins is taken...let's just say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

EDIT AFTER WK: I also had a thought that Fome was following a Nietzsche-style philosophy. While I have my own kind of philosophy (although I think there is a group of philosophers who had influenced me in the past, one being a Chinese philosopher named Mencius), I also have a personal ideal saying that I have to respect what everyone says. I won't suppress, I'll argue.

Last edited by Knightmare213; 2007-03-13 at 17:47.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote