View Single Post
Old 2009-05-15, 17:09   Link #13
Azure_Peregrine
Film Student

Send a message via AIM to Azure_Peregrine
...I'm rating this episode as below average. I saw the episode title and thought that there'd... be more to the episode than that. But most of it seemed like comedy that was just lost on me.

I've already rewatched bits of the show, as I'm prone to do... Most of it just didn't make sense to me the first time around, but... Some of the stuff just seemed silly to me.

This show needs to clarify it's use of the word "Johnny." The Johnny Cutter at the end with... 20,000 victims? Come on, that's... That would be known about a lot more than it seems to be. And the guy sitting in the desk? That was just... random silliness. Takizawa on a giant teddy bear? Uh... I mean, the guy knows how to make an entrance, but... This episode just departed so much from the general tone of the show, which I feel is some mild comedy mixed with a lot of seriousness, that it felt out of place. It was missing almost everything I love about the show, and the exposition this show did go with felt... half-done. They didn't wanna reveal everything, so they reveal about half of it, it seems... but keep us in the dark for the rest of it. I felt that was unnecessary.

I get the feeling that I'm gonna like the next episode more. But, for now, this episode disappointed, and confused me. Oh, btw: anyone know what was being referenced with the blood circling 'round the drain?