View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 13:43   Link #246
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
you think kishi had this all planned out? then answer this, why is minato already a hokage when obito was only 11 years old? according to the kakashi gaiden arc that kishi himself wrote, minato was only a jounin when obito, kakashi and rin were 13 years old, that's two years after the chuunin exams. even the drawing of the hokage faces in the kakashi gaiden is proof that minato wasn't hokage yet but in this chapter he's already been made hokage as the hokage faces suggest. and what about kakashi taking the chuunin exams along with obito and rin when he supposedly passed the chuunin exams at 6 years old? kakashi graduated from the ninja academy at 5 years old, he became chuunin at 6 and became jounin at 13, around the time the kakashi gaiden arc started. minato was made hokage after the war. check the kakashi gaiden chapters or your naruto wiki, it's there. if you're so sure kishi planned all this then why did he fuck up the timelines? if he had this all figured out then there wouldn't be mistakes like these.

i don't really care about the obito angle. if kishi manages to wiggle his way out of his tight corner then fine! if he doesn't, i don't really care. i'll probably just enjoy reading the posts here and cracking jokes about them. but my beef is with this chapter itself. it's just wrong. i don't mind the no-dialogues thing except for the fact that it made kishi's mistakes more obvious since i focused more on the images. i'm sure i'm not the only one who noticed this. this is the reason why this chapter irks me.

- minato could have very well been hokage during the kannabi bridge battle. the face missing is not absolute proof that he wasn't. the monument needs to be constructed. it may have not been up there because it wasn't finished. and completed by the end of that first chuunin exam
- as far as this age thing goes, maybe obito is older. by like 2 or 3 yrs. i am not a datebook reader so i don't really know, but i also don't recall ages being cited in the manga…they could have just been in the same class, kakashi 5, obito 7 or 8. the numbers make more sense in that scenario.
- somebody mentioned to me earlier that there is no need to defend kishis mistakes. they are right, i know. i just like discussing and thinking about stuff