Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 03:52   Link #440
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Watched the first eps, the animation is nice as always, but the show itself has a little bit too much laid back and atmosphere is too tame. It feels like Tari Tari and Tamayura, a true slice of life show that soothes but tones down the comedy. I got nothing against these type of shows, I actually like what they are about and always plan to watch them but I can never find enough enjoyment while watching to get enough drive to finish them.

I love Kyoani but this is just too far removed from the insanity and fun of Haruhi or the drama and mysteriousness of Air, probably the first Kyoani show I'll drop.
Eh, this feels very little like Tari Tari, Tamayura, Natuiro Kiseki etc. These three had drama as a major element from the getgo (not all dramas are of the melodramatic types like Key, Anohana, Kokoro Connect etc). The first episode of Tamako Market had no drama vibes whatsoever, and felt more like a "pure slice of life" to me much in the rein of K-on and Working but has the twist of eccentricity due to that talking bird, which for me is the prime attraction of the series. At least for now, the show isn't all about cute girls doing cute things, it just has cute girls in it.

However, more eps of Tamako Market needs to be aired to confirm as it may change later down the track.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote