View Single Post
Old 2007-12-24, 06:36   Link #61
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Pheles looks so *cool*.

I don't know about novels or whatever, but the Shakugan no Shana anime series has always had this problem with funny villains. A doll pervert, a twincest pair, Klaus-san a chimera bodyguard, Ms. Evil Eye-Patch Mastermind... Pheles is the first one that actually looks cool. When she appears in the episode she doesn't seem evil or malicious or whatever, just plain simple "I'll tear you apart (and give me back my love's keepsake!)" cold eyes pointed right at poor Yuji. I wonder if the OP suggests a change in attitude later on or is she just gonna try and kill him anyway.

This episode is like the culmination of all the slice-of-life episodes prior to it, and the definite shift in the show's tone also begins here. Right on time, I say! Although I do find it rather amusing, if a bit sadistic of them producers, that Shana is going on a Christmas/New Year hiatus right on the biggest cliffhanger of the whole season. lulz

Loved the costumes by the way. Everybody looks good, especially Dorothy-Shana!

Certain...inconsistencies...in animation aside (Pheles/her magic moving through the river anyone? The trees are like, 6th grade-looking), this episode gains a 10 out of me.