View Single Post
Old 2008-01-18, 10:42   Link #515
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I'm pretty sure whatever Nanoha imagines RH would turn into. She could imagine a giant planet-cracking hammer and it'd turn into one. She'd just probably get crushed by it and die or something. There isn't evidence to suggest a Device cannot turn into any feasiably useable piece of 'weaponry' if its user wills it too.
Wrong direction of thought. We see one form. We see another form that is optimized for a different role and yet the changes are limited. Ergo, the range of variation is limited.

Quote:
And I don't think the barriers can just be Belkan. Mid-Childan mages (like Yuuno) use them just fine and they don't even recognize Belkan when it was first used.
No one said it is. The description just described the particular barrier that Reinforce 1 used.

Quote:
Since any damage done to a building or street, etc. etc. doesn't effect the real world when the barrier collapses.
Are you sure? Then why was Lindy sending out the TSAB men to put out fires before the battle's over - all the damage should disappear when the barrier goes down at the end of the fight.

Quote:
We know there are well, a lot of dimensions, I don't think I'd be too odd that it'd just push everything into another one where there isn't anyone to get killed.
Pushing people into other dimensions is dangerous. For one thing, MGLN does not seem to use the Parallel World model. Each habitable world is entirely different. Further, even if it is parallel world, there will statistically be a lot more dimensions where something has changed than ones that are suitable. Thus, when you shove the mudanes out with your barrier to another dimension, most likely they'll fall into one where they can't survive (the same coordinates there happens to be space and so on). IMO, the safest place is probably to place them temporarily out of time, so they cannot be affected.

Quote:
The article that a barrier only allows who its user wants in makes more since then the idea that anyone with magical talent can get in it. If so that suggests that somehow the previously unmagical Arisa and Suzuka have magical talent by the end of A's.
Why not? I'm sure I'm not the only person who was thinking when we saw the two moving inside the barrier that "DO they have magic? Can't wait to see the third season (where unfortunately they are shafted)" Frankly, it would have been much more interesting to see those two become mages than the Forwards, especially the Lightning team

There have been at least a couple of FanFics (Saint X and Dragonzoid) where it turned out those two had magical powers and of course there's that fanmade manga too.

If "only who its user wants in" can get into barriers in general, how did Signum break in in Ep5 A's, Yunno and Fate break in in Ep 1 A's and Yunno and Nanoha in Ep 9 original series... as a rule, those with magic power, enemies or friends can exist, the rest fade.

Two ways to deal with that quotation. One, I can say that the "requirements" that are settable is limited to power level (pressure exerted by barrier), thus the two have some latent magic talent that hadn't shown up until now.

Two, under my theory, if is actually possible to allow some special exceptions, assuming you can locate them. What you will do is specially and specifically anchor them with your own power, so they cannot be pushed out when you extend your barrier. But while one can understand why Hayate (did she?) and / or Rein wanted Fate and Nanoha dead, why they would specifically target Suzuka and Arisa is plainly unclear, so personally I think one is more likely.