View Single Post
Old 2010-05-10, 18:22   Link #869
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
She doesn't have auto-reflect, but in theory it shouldn't be hard for her to set herself to stop a projectile via magnetism. In fact, I think she can incinerate something that is coming at her via the heat from an electrical discharge... as (I think) she did with the ceramic explosive Frenda tried to use on her.

Basically, Mikoto is way, way more hax than she lets on. In theory she should be able to insta-kill even Accelerator from a distance by completely changing the oxygen to ozone in the area around him (if the 10032 could do this to a fair degree of effectiveness, and Misaka is over 1000 times stronger than her...) I doubt she would consider something so horribly fatal though. For all her boasts and pride, Mikoto is fundamentally different from the rest of the crazy espers who actually do kill people with their powers. She's inventive, but she doesn't have a murderer's mind (like, say, Accelerator or Mugino). Her naivete and lack of battle-to-the-death experience in a setting where she can't afford to be merciful is her biggest weakness.
I don't know what has to do for you if the esper is crazy or not.
Just take it easy, she just can't do that. The oxygen tactic was set to be used that time, which only worked on a field without wind, remember that day there wasn't any flow of wind which allowed Imouto 10032 to do that and at the same time allowed Accelerator to make a plasma storm. With wind is useless for both Accelerator and Misaka(original and clones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In a later volume, mikoto use magnetism to pull objects to use them as shields against firearms. Aside from that, i suppose she could try frying them, but i doubt she's fast enough. A question though, what's stopping accelerator from blowing away all that ozone or just jumping out of the way the moment he notice something is wrong?
That day, was the joy of playing with the opponent, when he noticed 10032's tactic he said: "Are you trying to make me run away for oxygen? Your plan is useless once I reach you."