View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 05:51   Link #64
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
But to be honest, as I said earlier, even if I did have the money, I probably still wouldn't spend it on anime. Anime isn't offering me the product I want. I have no interest in owning DVDs, and I don't want to see a large proportion of the money I put into industry be wasted on round pieces of plastic, and their distribution.
Let's look it at the other way around, this socalled piece of plastic is what they earn their money with.
The way you are making it sound is as if you can't appreciate a thing what those people (All the animators, seiyuus, producers etc.) are doing.
It's probably true that lots of people in this forum don't have an income and that's why i think that they don't know how the hardships of people who are working. People like youself only look at the product, while purely neglecting all the effort that was put into that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
The reality is that when you buy a DVD you're not paying for the production of that anime, that anime already exists and has been paid for. What you're doing is paying for the next production. If you think about it what you're talking about is even riskier to the consumer, because he has no idea what that money will be put towards. On the other hand, if I'm choosing to contribute $X to a particular project I'll probably have some character designs, a simple plot synopsis and the staff. So I can choose for my money to be put towards the next innovative Mecha show, and not have the studio choose to put my money towards yet another generic harem show.
That product does exist and has been paid for , but it has not been paid back. I am not sure how you look at animes from a financial perspective, but i see them similar to an investment. There are people who invest money in a project and expect some kind of profit. If the investment turns out to pay out badly (or even end up in a loss), then it should be obvious that these kind of people won't be investing in it in the future.

If you even want to see a "next project", then you don't want the investors to leave because they won't have faith in that the next project will earn them anything.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-04 at 06:12.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote