View Single Post
Old 2006-04-26, 05:57   Link #277
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Two handed swords are usually not for fights, but rather, to cut through heavy armors and shields. For users of these swords, their skill is not rated at how they wield the swords, but how many swings they can do within a limited time. Because of the power of the sword itself packs, there's no need for skill. Shield or armor, it just cuts through...all the swordsman needed to do is chop, move on to the next target, chop, and so on...(scary...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
And as far as I remember our teachings in school and my visit to europe (especially malta) and their castles and history there is no rule that would forbid wielding two swords. At least none I would have ever heared of.
The reason we see Knight on drawings, etc. ... wielding only one sword is that around the 13th century longswords became like the state of the art and were used two-handed. Now using it with one hand was first stupid since you lost all it's advances (like the attack power, etc. ...) and second almosst impossible since they were damn heavy (everyone who ever saw some of them in a museum knows what I mean here).
I don't see why she could not use two swords at once, this is an anime. The swords have no real weight there and we all know that style counts more than realism.
usually a knight have many swords, but when in battle, they bring one and only one sword, which is the one their lords give them to. Chivary doesn't limit them to use other swords, but doing so would show that they'd use someone else's swords rather than the one their lord have given them. This would imply that they don't trust their lord and show disloyalty to them. The other swords a knight keep are for sparing, decorations, defense and for their squires to clean(for no darn reason, yeah right) and train with.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote