View Single Post
Old 2009-12-05, 09:07   Link #129
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

I think I'll go with "Author wanted city to look future!metropolis, and went with 'green is future'. (Sort of like how Code Geass had those giant solar stations in the middle of the system, or the tidal-wave generator island given to the Black Knights.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, it happens. Telekinetics, water manipulators, the recent light manipulator and the Railgun anime's asphalt manipulator for example.

Pretty much, yes. In fact she has been shown manipulating magnetic fields distances away from her body before, such as when she protected Touma from falling debris in episode 18 of Index.
Hm. I had forgotten about the certain-manipulators. So there is a definite class, but for the most part they seem distinct from other powers types (which is to be expected).

When the debris fell, though, I thought she (Mikoto) was able to push it by changes vis-a-vis herself; by changing potentials/EM field strength on her end and projecting forward, she was able to push 'out' and push the debris away from her and, consequently, Touma. It doesn't necessarily implies she created/manipulated fields far away from her, except as an indirect effect of her own.

The key test is if she could do the same trick sideways without changing her own position. While changing her manipulated field in and out is obviously within her range of abilities, being able to push left/right at equal strength would require a separate field from another direction, one that isn't hers.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote